A pivot table is an excel built-in tool which allows you to sort and summarise complex data. This table typically consists of rows, columns, and fields.
This tutorial will show you how to create a very simple pivot table.
- Add the data that you want to analyse or summarise.
- Click on Insert – Pivot Table
- This gives you two options:
- New worksheet or
- Existing worksheet
- Click on any cell on the worksheet where you would like to have the Pivot table displayed.
- From the Pivot Table options
- Drag and drop the desired item into the row field – in this example “Department” which needs to be grouped together.
- Drag and drop the desired item into the field Value ∑ – in this example “Salary” which needs to be summarised.
- Once the table has been generated you could also format the data using the “Number Format” option to display Currency.